As followers of Jesus, we have Good News to share!
Despite our human nature making us unworthy, God loved us so much that he sacrificed His son Jesus to overcome death, and to set us free from the consequences of our sin.
God inspired his followers to write down what they had seen and understood, so that future generations might also understand His love. We can learn from these Bible teachings and develop a closer relationship to Jesus through prayer, both in private and together. Here are just a few examples of the key messages in God’s Word…
Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you always, to the end of the age. (Matthew 28)
My Father has given me all things. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. (Mark 16: 19-20)
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus… (Romans 6:23)
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. (1 John 3:1)
Who does God help at South Wishaw Parish?
If you are wondering whether God or a Christian faith is for you, there is no need to worry! None of us are ‘good enough’ on our own, as even St Paul wrote” For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). But God made us all in His likeness and wants you to know that everyone is welcome in His kingdom! He calls all of us to follow him. Below are some examples of the type of people who come to SWP.
If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.(Romans 10.9)
- Those just learning – they can find friends, explore and understand God at Kingdom Kids, Holiday Camps and Youth Club
- People needing strength and encouragement through life’s journey. They find comfort in God’s word and from each other.
- Those feeling overwhelmed. They find peace in God’s promise and a support network to help them.
- People disillusioned with our shallow materialistic culture, For them the Gospel brings REAL purpose and hope!
- Lonely people who find fellowship as part of the church family eg. Life Groups, Saturday café & Sunday services