We are a lively church so there is always lots going on in South Wishaw!
Come along and get involved!
- Worship Group – We are a small group of enthusiastic singers who meet every Sunday at 10.15am and provide musical input to SWPC regular services. Led by professional musician Robert Newth, we also meet to every Saturday at 10.15am – 11.30am (term time) to rehearse a range of both spiritual and secular material. We are often asked to perform at various local venues. Come along and help us Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!
- The Filling Station is a new and informal way of expressing the Christian faith and is part of a wider movement to bring Christians of all denominations (and none) together in worship and service, which was started 10 years ago by Rev Richard Fothergill and now has over 100 meetings taking place throughout the UK and abroad. Our local group is supported by Wishaw Churches Together and meet on the last Wednesday of the month from 7-9 PM in the Aroma Café, Stewarton Street, Wishaw. (N.B. no meeting in July, August or December 2020.) The evening begins with worship, led by Steven Leonard who is part of the worship team at Harvest Church in Hamilton. God’s word is brought to us by one of our excellent guest speakers and we also invite those who attend to share a little of their testimony as an encouragement to others. There is an opportunity to receive prayer at the end of each meeting. Why not come along and give it a try and invite a friend to come with you. You will be made most welcome!
- Life Group – we presently have a group who support each other in developing their faith through Bible Study and prayer which meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 7.30pm in the evening in the Manse at 3 Walter Street, Wishaw ML2 8LQ. Come early for a cuppa and chat or even earlier for a meal. Contact: Sabah 07741 300052
We have various opportunities for socialising – whether it’s dropping in to the Saturday morning café for some company and a treat, or coming along to one of our regular groups, you will be made very welcome at South Wishaw Parish
Guild – The Church of Scotland Guild is a movement within the Church of Scotland which invites and encourages women (and is also open to men) to commit their lives to Jesus Christ and enables them to express their faith in worship, prayer and action. Our group meets at 7.30-9pm weekly on Monday evenings from October to March. We host a variety of interesting speakers and undertake various projects both at home and abroad. Why not join us!
Fellowship Group – Originally the Men’s Fellowship, but now open to all, we meet every alternate Monday (except the summer months). We meet in the Lounge at 7.30-9pm and we have a varied syllabus of activities and guest speakers. Come along, all welcome!
Creative Crew – meets throughout the year from 10am-12pm on Tuesdays in the church hall. Although many of the group face various challenges, it is not a requirement to join. the group enjoys arts and crafts and in recent years have made and sold jewellery to raise funds both for their own sustenance as well as for the church. All are welcome.
Sharing Circle – We are an informal group who meet weekly from 1.30-4pm on Thursdays in the church hall for fun and fellowship. We also organise occasional outings. On the third Thursday of the month we gather at 12.30pm for lunch. All ages welcome!
- Kingdom Kids – We run Kingdom Kids for our young people every Sunday at 11 am (term time only) Children are encouraged to develop and deepen their own relationship with God through prayer, worship, stories and activities.
- Creche – For our babies and toddlers we run a creche during the service. Contact Sabah Moran for details.
- Holiday Clubs – Every Easter and Summer we run a week long Holiday Club each morning for children of primary school age. Each club has its own unique Christian theme and we play, have fun and learn together through stories, songs, and craft activities, ending the week on the Friday evening with an event for all the family.
- Scouts & Guides – These groups are run independently in our Church Hall on various nights of the week. For more information about these organisations contact our local leader Scout leader Ian Lindsay or see the Guides and Scouts own websites.
- Rainbows – girls 5-7yrs/ Brownies – girls 7-10yrs /Guides – girls 10-14yrs
- Beavers – boys 5-7yrs/ Cubs – boys 7-10/11yrs /Scouts – boys 10-14yrs
There are also other non-Church related groups who use our facilities… these include Citizens Advice Bureau: Job Club and Slimming World. Contact the church office for latest available information on meeting times and contact details.