We are a lively church so there is always lots going on in South Wishaw!
Come along and get involved!
- Worship Group – We are a small group of enthusiastic singers who meet every Sunday at 10.15am and provide musical input to SWPC regular services. Led by professional musician Robert Newth, we also meet every Saturday at 10.15am – 11.30am (term time). On Saturdays we rehearse a range of both spiritual and secular material. We are often asked to perform at various local venues. Come along and help us Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!
- Filling Station – The Filling Station is an initiative to bring a new informal way of expressing the Christian faith to our community. Part of a wider movement to bring Christians of all denominations and none together in worship and service, the Filling Station was started 10 years ago by Rev Richard Fothergill. Our local group is supported by Wishaw Churches Together. We now meet on the last Wednesday of the month (N.B. no meeting in July, August or December 2020) from 7-9 PM in the Aroma Café, Stewarton Street. Our worship leader is Steven Leonard, who is part of the worship team at Harvest Church in Hamilton. Each evening we have a guest speaker who brings God’s word to us in season. We also invite those who attend to share a little of their testimony as an encouragement to others. There is an opportunity to receive prayer t the end of each meeting.
- Life Groups – We presently have one small group who support each other in developing their faith through Bible Study and prayer which meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 7pm in the evening in the Manse.
We have various opportunities for socialising – whether it’s dropping in to the Saturday morning café for some company and a treat, or coming along to one of our regular groups, you will be made very welcome at South Wishaw Parish
Guild – The Church of Scotland Guild is a movement within the Church of Scotland which invites and encourages women (and is also open to men) to commit their lives to Jesus Christ and enables them to express their faith in worship, prayer and action. Our group meets on Monday evenings from October through to April. We host a variety of interesting speakers and undertake various projects both at home and abroad to live out our faith in action. For more information contact
Fellowship Group – Originally the Men’s Fellowship, but open to all, we meet every alternate Monday (except the summer months). We meet in the Lounge in the Church Hall and we have a varied syllabus of activities and guest speakers. Come along, all welcome! For more information contact Jim Pettie.
Sharing Circle – We are an informal group who meet weekly on Thursdays at 12.30pm in the lounge for a bit of fun and fellowship. We do x/y/z activities and organise occassional outings. All welcome! For more information contact Iain Douglas.
- Kingdom Kids – We run Kingdom Kids for our young people every Sunday at 11 am (term time only) Children are encouraged to develop and deepen their own relationship with God through prayer, worship, stories and activities.
- Creche – For our babies and toddlers we run a creche during the service. Contact Sabah Moran for details.
- Holiday Clubs – Every Easter and every Summer we run a week long Holiday Club each morning for children of primary school age. Every club has its own unique Christian theme and we play, have fun and learn together through stories, songs, and craft activities. Each week ends with an event for all the family family on the Friday evening, such as a BBQ.
- Scouts & Guides – The following are run independently but are held in our Church Hall. For more information about the organisations themselves contact our local leader Ian Lindsay or see the Guides and Scouts own websites.
- Rainbows – girls 5-7yrs/ Brownies – girls 7-10yrs /Guides – girls 10-14yrs
- Beavers – boys 5-7yrs/ Cubs – boys 7-10/11yrs /Scouts – boys 10-14yrs
There are also various non Church related independent groups who use the hall facilites… these include the Craft group, AA, Citizens Advice Bureau Job Club and Slimming World. Contact the church office for latest available information on meeting times and contact details.